Please find below Island Sailing's policies and conditions for classes and activities. And while reading these, trust that we certainly appreciate that everyone has occasional scheduling issues with work, family and life - so always feel welcome to contact us at email@example.com or (503) 285-7765 and we'll work with you.
Island Sailing plans and schedule courses weeks (often months) in advance as well as supplies the needed pre-course materials (which you keep). The Cancellation and Rescheduling policies are intended to ensure any scheduling changes can be addressed in fairness to all students and scheduled instructors, especially since many of the courses are over full weekends....
Class Cancellation Policy:
- A minimum 4 week notice (28 days prior to class start) is required to cancel a class for a full refund*.
- A cancellation within 3 weeks (21 days) forfeits 25% of the class cost*.
- A cancellation within 2 weeks (14 days) forfeits 50% of the class cost*.
- A cancellation within 1 week (7 days) forfeits 100% of the class cost*.
* Online classes, courses and clinics are not refundable (except by the online vendor, such as NauticEd or Starpath). In refunding Island Sailing courses, the retail value of the online course is deducted from the refunded amount of the class cost.
Class Rescheduling Policy:
- Students can reschedule* up to 2 weeks before the class at no charge.
- Students rescheduling* within 2 weeks students are charged a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Students rescheduling* within 1 week are charged a $100 rescheduling fee.
*If an reschedule date (at time of reschedule) is NOT available, then the Class Cancellation Policy applies.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Exceptions:
- Life Happens: we’re human too and understand that often life events and emergencies take priority over sailing, and so talk to us when rescheduling or cancelling. We make exceptions on merit and case-by-case.
- If Island Sailing cancels a class because of weather or safety concerns, we'll either reschedule the class or refund the students.
- The Cancellation and Rescheduling policies do not apply to ICC assessments, Offshore, Pensacola Sailing, Guadeloupe, and otherwise services outsourced to Yachting Education or AGWE Sailing. Those programs have different policies that’ll be presented at sign-up.
Required for all Sailing Activities:
Additionally, all participants are required to agree and adhere to the following separate documents: