- In Person/on-the-water
- Seattle / Kirkland Only (practicing on the Ballard Locks)
- An afternoon practicing Locks with an USCG Instructor
- Prerequisites: None
Interested in taking your boat from Lake Washington into Puget Sound, but unsure about what to expect while going through the Locks? This clinic will teach you everything you need to consider when making that transition from the protected waters of Lake Washington into Puget Sound (and beyond…).
Plan on spending the better portion of the day to make the full journey, or we can pick you up at a public pier in Lake Union. You’ll experience the excitement of going under Seattle’s many low bridges, and learn how to signal for the few the must be opened. We’ll go through the Locks, sail around in the Sound for a bit, and then head home.
Skills learned in this clinic:
- Equipment needed for the Locks
- Maneuvering the boat in narrow spaces while waiting for bridges to open
- Stopping the boat to wait to enter the Locks
- Securing the boat in the Locks and communicating with the shore-staff
- Navigating the Shipping Canal
• Locks Clinic: $225 per sailor
• An afternoon learning and practicing Locks with an USCG Instructor
Class Booking Conditions (Deposits, Refunds and Cancellations) are detailed HERE.