Island Sailing Recommends...
- AGWE Sailing - if in Portland, Capt. Frankland's one of the top instructors in the NW and offers afternoon sails and private instruction.
- Cat About Charters - if thinking of warm and sunny sailing in the BVI's, first consider Capt. Barber.
- Salish Sea Sailing - if looking to cruise / learn in the San Juans, we highly recommend Capt. John and Kathleen Salinas
- West Coast Sailing - these guys know their dingies, and a Great resource for foulies and gear
- NauticEd - we're a NauticEd Training Facility
- Starpath - David Burch and Starpath publish extraordinary materials, and their pro-level courses are the best in the NW
Weather & Navigation Resources
- Weather Underground - good general weather forecasts & radar
- Sailflow - we check this every day! Wind predictions for your area (for Kirkland, the 520 bridge forecast is esp. useful)
- Deepzoom - a great visual site for checking tides and currents
- National Weather Service - we enjoy the "Forecast Discussion"
- Washington DOT Ferry Weather - a useful site for wind conditions on the Puget Sound
- PassageWeather.com - specializes in sailing weather Forecasts.
Marinas & Boatyards
- Columbia Crossings - our Portland fleet
- West Bay Marina - Olympia fleet (Tugboat Annies is a sailor's paradise)
- West Shore Marina - Gig Harbor fleet (we've stumbled home from Tides and 7 Seas Brewery a few times, usually sobering up at Java & Clay Cafe)
- Kirkland 2nd Avenue Pier - the City of Kirkland Parks & Recreation Department is one of the finest we've encountered.
- Danish Marine Yacht Services - in Portland, Danish does excellent work!
- Schooner Creek Boat Works - again in Portland, Schooner Creek is simply extraordinary
- Swantown Marina - for boat repairs/haulouts in the South Sound, we recommend Swantown