As an Island Sailing member, you and your family sail as often as you’d like in Portland, Kirkland and Olympia. We connect and empower sailors with sailing opportunities - learn, race, cruise, charter - the opportunities are endless, and the sailing experiences are yours to discover, explore and create with fellow sailors.
- Basic Sailing course included with membership
- Sail with Family and Friends. Qualified family members are included in you rmembership
- Join other members (racing & cruising), or create your own group and adventure. Endless opportunities for members to discover sailing....
- Access professional instructors to continue your sailing education
- 10% off all ISC classes and seminars!
- Over 35 boats across the Pacific Northwest
- Low monthly rates, less than moorage alone and much less than owning a boat (boat ownership comparison)
- Reciprocal relationships (deals) with other sailing clubs and schools in the NW and across the country
- Sail a variety of boats in different waters – Columbia River, Puget Sound and Lake Washington
We offer 3 unique membership options for individuals & families, groups and travelers
The best choice for most sailors as you sail year-round, receive discounts on classes and benefit from access to instructors.
- Great value at a low monthly rate.
- Club benefits are all inclusive with no additional fees for day use of sailboats.
- Dues are $184 per month with a minimum 12 month commitment.
- One time $400 joining fee includes one Basic Sailing Course, and discounted Basic Sailing lessons for your crew.
- Membership includes the whole family. If they are certified, they can go sailing!
Friends works much like the standard membership except shared by multiple people. Only one person in the group can make a reservation at any one time, but the benefit is that the costs are reduced.
- Ideal for a company or a group of friends
- Multiple participants share a membership, lowering the monthly costs for each!
- Dues are $128.80 per month; a 30% discount on rentals.
- One time $300 joining fee per person includes one Basic Sailing course for each shared member.
- Limited to 2-4 people per membership, and only one reservation per membership at any one time.
The social membership is designed mostly for people out of the area or own their own boats, but still want to have access to the club fleet and activities. Monthly rates are low and you pay per-use of the boats.
- Designed for travelers and non-residents in mind.
- Low daily rates each time they use a boat. (see notes below)
- Dues are $50 per month with a minimum 12 month commitment.
- One time $100 joining fee. (does not include lessons)
- Off-Season Daily Rate Discount 20%. (April-Oct)
*Details are found in the Membership Guidelines
Contact us to sign-up. We will answer any questions, show you the fleet and schedule your first class. We often tailor our programs for the individual sailing goals of our members, and so we're happy to discuss the various options and how the club may fit your plans. (503) 285-7765 or email@example.com
Sailing Club Karma
ISC Club Member, 06/01/15, 5/5 rating
Island Sailing has done a great job training us with an emphasis on safety and seamanship. Through our membership, we have been able to sail on the Columbia River, the Willamette River, and the Puget Sound…. A friendly and knowledgeable staff combined with a nice selection of boats in the Puget Sound and Portland locations makes Island Sailing the ideal place to gain or maintain your sailing skills…. The foundational sailing skills obtained have given us the ability to sail, charter, teach and ultimately gave us the confidence to purchase our own boat.
ISC Club Member, 11/01/15, 5/5 rating
We’ve been members of the Island Sailing Club for several years. The staff are great, the boats are pretty good and the price is cheap. $184 a month, to take out a boat that you don’t have to do any upkeep on. Their classes are a good deal too. We sail most weekends and also go to their semi-annual formals and their dock parties are terrific too.
ISC Club Member, 09/01/15, 5/5 rating
Happy 20th Dieter: Hi Alan, I just saw that my first certification from ISC was dated 7-94. How cool is that!? It speaks a lot of the quality of ISC, and especially the excellence of the people who work there! Since the beginning it has been a huge pleasure to be part of ISC, and I have always appreciated the awesome instructions, the technical assistance, and the countless perks I had received over the years! I am very fortunate to have made so many friends among the sailing community, mostly through the Club! My heartfelt “Thank You!” to all of you!
ISC Club Member, 08/01/13, 4/5 rating
We’ve been members of the Island Sailing Club for several years. The staff are great, the boats are pretty good and the price is cheap. $184 a month, to take out a boat that you don’t have to do any upkeep on. Their classes are a good deal too. We sail most weekends and also go to their semi-annual formals and their dock parties are terrific too. The boats are pretty basic, but they work well.