Starpath Marine Weather Online Home Study Course
A New Standard in Marine Weather Education: This course covers all aspects of practical marine weather, starting from the very basics and ending with all you need to plan your voyages — or weekend outings — safely and efficiently taking into account the weather.
- Online Home Study
- Printed Materials, including Modern Marine Weather
- Software, including Starpath Weather Trainer Live
- Optional Starpath Certification (prepares you for any certification system)
- Prices & Registration
- Island Sailing members and students receive a 5% discount*
This course covers all aspects of practical marine weather, starting from the very basics and ending with all you need to plan your voyages — or weekend outings — safely and efficiently taking into account the weather. This is intended to be a practical course that will indeed affect your decision making when planning and underway. We only cover those aspects of the "theory" that will help us with this goal.
This course uses live weather data accessed through custom Internet links to illustrate many of the topics it covers. We will also monitor a hypothetical coastal or ocean passage at the time of the course to see how the real world evolved and what decisions might be best at the time.
This course will prepare you for certification tests offered by any sailing association in any nation. Starpath also offers certification tests if you care to challenge yourself or to prepare for other tests. For more information, read Starpath's Certification Program.
Exceeding All Sailing Standards!
Prices (purchase conditions are below):
- Starpath Inland & Coastal Navigation Online Home Study Course $279.00 per sailor
- Island Sailing Member & Student Price (5% discount) $265.05 per sailor
- + $7.50 Shipping on included Books and Materials
Member and Student Discount
Simply, existing Island Sailing Member and Registered Students receive the 5% discount. To qualify, you must order through Island Sailing by contacting us.